Frequently Asked Questions
Iowa food producers, processors, retailers, wholesalers and distributors, as well as supporting organizations are invited to apply for Choose Iowa participation and be included in the online directory.
- Producers include farmers, growers, dairies, CSAs (community supported agriculture).
- Processors include bakeries, meat lockers, growers who process, breweries, cideries, distilleries and wineries.
- Retailers include restaurants, grocery stores, farmers markets, stores, farms with on-farm retail sales and off-farm sales stands, CSAs and food hubs with on-site sales.
- Wholesalers/Distributors include farms selling wholesale and food hubs.
- Supporting Organizations include commodity groups, professional associations, non-profits, and other government agencies.
Choose Iowa participants enjoy the following benefits:
- Inclusion in the Choose Iowa online directory
- Choose Iowa logo use on qualifying food labels
- Advertising cost-share opportunities
- Social media promotions, recognition
- Opt into Choose Iowa Passport Program (free) through Travel Iowa with easier signup and account setup through the Choose Iowa participant portal
- Social media toolkit of resources for promoting seasonal produce and foods
- Buyer meetings for producers to meet with wholesalers, distributors or institutional purchasers
- Newsletter with program highlights, grant/funding opportunities, program participant accomplishments, seasonal promotional opportunities and other information